Join us for your Wine Country Vacations - Enjoy a Fine Arts Tour
- After breakfast at the Inn head up Hwy 29 for just a bit to Redwood Road. Wind up into the surrounding mountains to The Hess Collection Winery & Gallery to explore the works of Francis Bacon, Frank Stella, and Robert Motherwell, while savoring the enchanting wines.
- Head out the other way to Mt. Veeder Rd. and find Chateau
Pottelle winery, nestled among rolling hills and acres of vineyards
- a picture perfect spot. Whether you enjoy the fine arts or the art
of wine, this is view not to be missed. Enjoy a picnic lunch here
along with their fabulous French-style wines.
- After lunch travel, head back down Oakville Road to Hwy. 29 and
make your way towards Hwy. 12 West and Old Sonoma Road to enjoy the cooler climate of the Carneros growing region - famous for world-class chardonnays and pinot noirs.
Once on Old Sonoma Road, turn onto Dealy Lane and again onto Henry Road. On the hilltop you will see Artesa Winery. From the hilltop on a clear day there is a breathtaking view of the San Francisco Bay, but turning back towards the winery you will be far from disappointed with the artistically inspired architecture of the building itself. Step past the gazing pools and into the winery to explore the modern beauty of the structure and the complexity of the wines.
- Come back out to Old Sonoma Rd and west to Hwy 121/12 towards Sonoma Valley. Pull into the Di Rosa Preserve (by appt. only) and discover the diverse compilation of modern and surrealist art that has its home at the Preserve.
If time allows, don't miss a fabulous tour of Truchard Vineyards,
also appointment only, but well worth the call.
- Join us back at the Inn for wine and hors d'oeuvres at 5:30 p.m.
before you head downtown to dinner at one of the many dining